The one who loves shopping. The one who is Ross’s lobster. The one who is a trendsetter. The one who made built her own career. Yes, you guessed it right. We are talking about Rachel Karen Green. From being a waitress to getting a well-paid job with Louis Vuitton in Italy which she gave up by the way (she ‘got off the plane’ remember?). The world is first introduced to Rachel in the very first episode, when she wanders into Central Perk, a hysterical mess in a soaking-wet wedding dress. We immediately fell in love with her character. She starts off as a spoiled princess who does not know how to do anything by herself and blossoms into a strong, independent woman in fashion.
Without any doubt, Jennifer Aniston made Rachel Green unforgettable. So, on Jen’s Birthday let’s take a ride to Rachel Green’s forever Friends moments. Whether it’s for her signature style or her clever one-liners, she is one of the best FRIENDS character. How? We’ll have our reasons:
1) She is a true friend- Whether helping Chandler quit smoking, helping Joey with his lines, or helping Monica and Phoebe through break-ups, Rachel showed what it is to be a true friend.
2) The iconic hair- Remember ‘The Rachel’ haircut? Well if you don’t belong to that era then surely after watching Friends you must have heard about it. Plus, her style evolves, which is something we should all be more open to.
3) The fashionista- Whose wardrobe do we want to raid? It is none other than Rachel Green! When it comes to style, Rachel knows what she’s doing. Her style choices were chic and super trendy. Today, a lot of fashion from the Friends era is back in style, and Rachel is one icon all girls look up to.
4) She takes stand for herself- Whether it is pointing out the unnecessary sexism or not tolerating ‘we are on a break’ nonsense, Rachel doesn’t take crap from anyone.
5) The relatable cooking- She was one hell of a cook! Pun intended. Who can forget the infamous ‘Thanksgiving Trifle’? ‘I mean, what’s not to like? “First there’s a layer of ladyfingers, then a layer of jam, then custard — which I made from scratch — then raspberries, more ladyfingers, then beef sautéed with peas and onions, more custard, and then bananas, and then I just put some whipped cream on top,”. It’s all GOOODDD!!!
6) Built her own career- Rachel shows up in the pilot episode with no job, no experience, and no skills. Even though she started out serving coffee in Central Perk, she worked hard and eventually made up to Ralph Lauren and oh, the Louis Vuitton job in Paris. Now, that’s impressive.
7) She became a mom- When she got to know that she is pregnant with Ross’s child she decides to keep it. She doesn’t plan to lean on anyone else; she raises Emma with the help of Ross, but she’s still a pretty awesome single mom.
8) At times she is hilarious- Though Chandler is supposed to be the funny one, Awesome Green also had some of the epic one-liners.
9) She got off the plane- Didn’t you cried when she came back for Ross? Last but definitely one of our favourites is that ‘SHE GOT OFF THE PLANE’ and Ross got his lobster for eternity.
Our gal pal Rachel Green taught us everything there is to know about being a grown up. You must be wondering that how the spoiled daddy’s girl who doesn’t know what it is to be like in the real world can be an idol. Well, Rachel knows it all. We trust Rachel and so should you. I know she’s flawed and yes, she is sassy and mean at times, but she’s just like all of us. All these qualities of Rachel Green make us feel “Probably 98% happy and 2% jealous.”