As we have made it a point to watch every superhero movie this year and give you our views on it, our tickets for Deadpool 2 were booked way in advance. Now with Deadpool 1 being an immediate success, we had high expectations from this one. Unfortunately, we are on the fence with this one. But we have to say one thing, the dialogues in this movie are better than you can ever imagine, you will have splits in your sides.
All in all the movie was average, here’s what we thought of the movie. P.S. Spoilers ahead.
1) Story Is Weak: What we didn’t get in story was obviously made up in the script. But we don’t get what Vanessa’s death had to do with any of it. How was saving firefist going to save Vanessa.
2) The Time Traveller: While Josh Brolin is killing it as Cable, we are still on the fence with the time travel. Cable decides to stay back, but why hasn’t Deadpool saved Vanessa first? Wouldn’t that be the first thing he does?
3) Cameos: Yup! Epic cameos all around. Brad Pitt and Matt Damon have small cameos in the movie. Also all the X-men have cameos too. But guess who is missing….Stan Lee doesn’t make his signature cameo in this movie. We were shocked!
4) Jokes: The jokes fly all around, from Basic Instinct to the DC universe and Thanos, DP doesn’t spare anyone. He takes a dig at everyone and keeps the smile on your face throughout the entire movie
5) Post Credit scenes: The post credit scenes are worth it, believe us. He even kills the abomination that was Deadpool from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine and ensures that Green Lantern wasn’t made……Oops.
I would say it’s still a decent one-time watch, though you don’t need 3d or 4dx or anything like that, 2d is fine and binge on the popcorn. Also don’t forget to get your merch here and support the merc with the mouth as he rattles away on screen