“I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing – that it was all started by a mouse.” – Walt Disney
Focusing all our attention on our oldest character, Mickey Mouse, is truly something to behold. So, feel refreshed with the remembrance of wonderful 90’s Disney character- Mickey Mouse. From his beginning in black and white in Steamboat Willie to the technicolour world of more than 100 cartoon shorts, step into an unforgettable journey of Mickey moments reimagined.
1) An anthropomorphic mouse who typically wears red shorts, large yellow shoes, and white gloves, Mickey is one of the world’s most recognisable characters.
2) Mickey Mouse was first sketched as a dog…a cat… even a horse!
3) His first appearance on 18th November 1928 in Steamboat Willie, the first animation to feature synchronised music and sound effects was an instant hit.
4) Created as a replacement for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Mickey Mouse stole our hearts with his cute personality.
5) Mickey’s creator, Ub Iwerks, came up with a lot of characters on his way to creating Mickey, but he was inspired to create a mouse that had the spirit of Charlie Chaplin.
6) The original name of Mickey Mouse was supposed to be Mortimer Mouse. Now that’s not cool!
7) Mickey made his film debut on May 15, 1928, in the silent film “Plane Crazy.”
8) He was the first cartoon character to get his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
9) Mickey Mouse says “Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes.”
10) Until 1947, Walt Disney himself voiced Mickey – his first line was “Hot dogs, hot dogs!” Most other film studios at the time were still producing silent cartoons, so Disney took the lead and never looked back.
11) This rounder and squatter mouse is pretty good. His cheerful face remains one of the most recognisable images in the world, even beating out Santa Claus.
12) Despite Mickey’s semi-retirement, his ears are still one of the most famous cultural icons of the 20th and 21st centuries.
13) Mickey was often joined by his girlfriend, Minnie Mouse, as well as an animated gang of friends that included Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pluto.
14) In January of 1930, the now legendary Mickey Mouse Club was created.
15) Mickey continued to grow and evolve throughout the 20th century, moving into comic strips, feature films, video games, theme parks, and a ton of games and toys.
He’s an everyman who sometimes fails but keeps trying. Who can’t relate to that? Mickey Mouse is an unforgettable force. While Disney Studios are now famous for full-length features like Aladdin, Cinderella, Frozen, The Princess and The Frog, and more, Mickey is still most closely associated with the company and remains the official mascot of all Disney theme parks.
Wouldn’t it will be great if Pop culture meets Disney? This November chill out with Mickey & Friends because we’re taking you to the Disney world with our Mickey Birthday Collection. So are you ready to bring all Mickey’s cuteness to your wardrobe?